Thursday, January 8, 2015

Introduction to me.

Hello one and all,
       I am Brandon Deusenberry. I'm an enlisted aviator in the US Air Force. At the time of establishing this post I am deployed and starting back to school with two particularly interesting classes ahead of me. Thematic Cartography, and Introduction to GIS will begin my GIS Odyssey. Ive spent a couple thousand hours operating Full Motion Video (FMV) equipment, and one of the back bones to orientation in FMV is utilizing a map/chart and comparing to your imagery. I thought I had a good handle on what maps and charts have to offer from my background, however the overviews alone of the courses show me that I was just scratching the surface. I'm excited to get into these courses, and build some GIS skills and background, culminating in the GIS Certificate at the least. I'm currently deployed, and will be for the duration of the courses, so on the plus side I'm only balancing deployed work with my school work. However, I don't know which I prefer balancing, the deployment schedule or the family schedule as I am away from my wife, 2 boys and multitude of animals. Also, I am a nerd by trade, so hopefully Sci Fi, computer game, and Ingress skills will come in handy during these courses. Please let me know if you have any questions and ill do my best to answer. See the link below, I have prepared a tour map showcasing some of where I'm from, a pre-deployment vacation i was fortunate to go on as well as a brief look at my deployment so far. Thank you.

My Story Map



v/r



Brandon

For those who dont understand the Ingress reference toward the end, here is this photo to further confuse you.


No comments:

Post a Comment